Wednesday, December 28, 2011

(1) Wednesday

Focus: Just Keep Going!

Yesterday morning I was at the gym early. My plan was to run 1 miles before my spin class. I ran 1.25... but I'm not celebrating just yet. I was proud of myself for actually showing up and doing it... but it was a slap in the face to see how much I had lost since this day....


This picture was taken on the bus the morning of my first half marathon. I was at 170 lbs... and could run a mile without blinking.  I had trained for months for this day... and I crossed the finish line with tears in my eyes.

During yesterdays run I felt like my shoes where made of concrete. It was so hard for me to get my legs moving.  I still remembered the feeling of running mile after mile. I remember the feeling I would get when my legs would stop hurting and I could just run and not think about it.... or anything.  Having to start all over again was a harsh reality.

It was hard for me to see how much I had let myself go... but it also gave me a kick in the butt. I am motivated now to get that girl back.


(I swear he isn't drunk.... just one of those guys who you can never get a normal picture of! Gotta love him)

I found this picture.... and remembered how good I felt that night.

The motivation carried on to my Spin class and I got 22.1 miles in! My legs are killing me this morning, but I've got to get up and do another run this morning.... and a strength class. I'm ready!

“Everything you can imagine is real.” 
 Pablo Picasso

1 comment:

  1. You will get it back quicker that you think. Mile by mile step by step. You are so much closer than you think you are. Keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete